RE: RE: Differential fluid changes

From: Michael (farichml@winbeam.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 19:27:11 EDT

If its like rebuilding the front shaft on a 99 durango, I bought all 3 u
joints and a cv joint rebuild kit at advance auto. I forget the
manufacturer now, but advance auto carried the u joints I think and then I
looked up on the internet site of the manufacturer to find the part number
for the cv joint rebuild kit for it from the same manufacturer and went back
to advance and gave them that part number and they ordered and got it for me
too. took some time and patience but figured it would be cheaper and then
I'd still have the original shaft for what that is worth.
mike

Anybody know if somebody makes a rebuild kit for this joint?
The FSM for the '00 Dakota shows the front driveshaft with a double cardan
joint. Can that be fitted to my '01 transfer case? I'm thinking a junkyard
driveshaft could probably be rebuilt with new U joints for less than $425,
if
it would fit.