Re: RE: Differential fluid changes

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2007 - 21:21:37 EDT

On Thursday 12 April 2007 03:58 pm, WiLieR[SS] wrote:
> Looks like it is time to replace the front driveshaft.

Yeah. I was at the dealership today, so I asked the parts guy. The front
driveshaft is a single, non rebuildable, part. $425 for a new one, and they
have to order it.

Anybody know if somebody makes a rebuild kit for this joint?

> were me I would look around and see if I could find someone to make me
> a custom front driveshaft with u-joints or even better a double cardan
> shaft made up would be bullet proof.

The FSM for the '00 Dakota shows the front driveshaft with a double cardan
joint. Can that be fitted to my '01 transfer case? I'm thinking a junkyard
driveshaft could probably be rebuilt with new U joints for less than $425, if
it would fit.