RE: RE: OT: PT Cruiser Timing Belt

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 18:43:05 EDT

BTW: Get the updated tensioner kit ($225). It comes with a new tensioner
bracket, tensioner pulley (redesigned), and new timing belt covers. While
it's not required, you may want to get it if you find the old tensioner
pulley is making bearing noises (should be 100% smooth - no "crunchies").
Also, get a water pump as well - no sense in going that deep into the front
of the engine and not changing out the water pump...you'll be kicking
yourself in the a$$ if it starts leaking afterwards. The ONLY way to change
the water pump is to remove the timing belt...takes only about 5 minutes
more for the pump if the belt is off.

- Bernd