Re: RE: OT: PT Cruiser Timing Belt

From: James Johnson (sixpackdak@execulink.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 19:08:24 EDT

Okay, that's about what I was expecting. I already talked to my mechanic
about evacuating the A/C for me and recharging it when I'm done. He doesn't
want to touch the timing belt though. He's done one, he said one was
enough. I've done a ton of 2.3L Ford timing belts (I know, apples and
oranges) so I'm not going in to this totally blind. I have a fairly well
equipped shop with air tools and torches (if needed) so tool-wise I think
I'm covered. I'm supposed to be getting my summer car out of storage this
weekend, so I will give my gf my Dak to drive for a few days while I work
on the PT. One question though, the manual says the exhaust needs to be
disconnected. It this absolutely required?

James