Stalling 4.7L, auto

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 02:07:20 EDT

Lately with my 2000 4.7L auto with 98,200 miles, when stopping the truck will stall. Not all the time but about one time out of say 30 times. It seem that the tranny dose not want to come out of gear and stalls the engine. I've also noticed that the engine is pulling harder on the tranny when this happens, guess its just trying to keep up the RPMs. Sometime it wouldn't stall but the engine is still pulling harder. I did do a TransGO shift kit to the tranny about 4K miles ago. Also have a SuperTuner Chip installed, The stalling was taken place when it was set to the "towing" and the "87 octane". I haven't returned it to stock yet, I'll do that this morning and see what happens. No other work was done to the engine shortly before the stalling started. ATF and filters have been changed at 40K, 70K and at 9540 miles. Any thoughts?

I hate to ask, what are the signs that the torque converter is on its way out?

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us