RE: Stalling 4.7L, auto

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 07:04:17 EDT

If you're going to look at any type of data (DRB or other scanner)...which
would be helpful...don't set anything back to stock just yet. Get the data
and then put it back. However, this leaves you with another
dilemma...returning it to stock will either clear out the PCM's adaptive
memory ("chip" programmer) or will distort the actual adaptives left in
memory (removing a "chip").

That is one of the signs of a converter going out...but not necessarily the
problem at hand. Without looking at the PCM data, it's hard to say what it
is wihout just guessing.

- Bernd