Re: RE: Re: RE: ARRRRRRRRGHH!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 21:29:37 EDT

Hey, Bernd

<> That's the Cam sensor harness - yes, that can easily cause a BUS short.<>

The sheathing is peeled back exposing the copper strands - looks like
they're turning green - as copper will do after exposure to
moisture...What's the best way to remedy that? Should I cut & re-splice? Is
there another solution?

<> Honestly, you don't have to have it on any specific cylinder. Just mark
the
 position of the rotor on the outer edge of the distributor with a black
 marker (Sharpee's work well) and just make sure you put it back in with the
 rotor pointing the same way. As long as you don't crank the engine while
 it's out...you'll be fine. We do it like this all the time without any
 issues - even the fuel sync stays correct.<.

Cool! That'll eliminate THAT part of the procedure...hopefully I'll get to
it tomorrow after work...Thankfully the Sportster is a viable option -
FINALLY!
'Coourse, I'll probably muck something else up, but this reconfirms by
membership in the DML!
Thanx, again!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM