RE: Re: RE: ARRRRRRRRGHH!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 20:19:48 EDT

That's the Cam sensor harness - yes, that can easily cause a BUS short.

Honestly, you don't have to have it on any specific cylinder. Just mark the
position of the rotor on the outer edge of the distributor with a black
marker (Sharpee's work well) and just make sure you put it back in with the
rotor pointing the same way. As long as you don't crank the engine while
it's out...you'll be fine. We do it like this all the time without any
issues - even the fuel sync stays correct.

- Bernd