Re: RE: ARRRRRRRRGHH!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 21:54:10 EDT

Hey, Bernd...

<> It may be stuck with heat and all the "goopy" dust back there. Hose it
off
 with some mile carb cleaner (or brake cleaner) then, push it in and wiggle
 it out (while holding the release tab on it). Yes...they can be a PITA
 sometimes.<>

I got it, once I figgered out to press IN the release - instead of trying to
pry it out. I marked the distributor & the firewall & got IT out, but I
matzohed the CPS...What size is the hex on that bugger anyway? My money is
on metric...1" deep socket is too small & a 1-1/16 is sloppy. 26MM, maybe?
I'm just probably gonna go buy a new distributor & CPS tomorrow at CP Dodge
World - IF they're still open!...As far as the freekin sheared screw...it
must have adhered itself thru galvanic reaction to the distributor
housing...To make matters worse, we're gonna get hammered with t-storms, &
the Sporty will be garaged for the day ...maybe...Hopefully It'll be nice on
Thurday & I can take a spin up on my day off & finish the badly needed
tune-up...
Thanx for your help...

P.S. If you know what size the hex is, I'd rather not drop a whole lotta $$$
on a complete metric/english deep-socket set...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed