Re: RE: Dakota Generations (was Transfer Case)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 21:43:55 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> The JTEC is completely phased out now...Viper and SRT10 Truck were the last
> to use it. As of mid 2006, no more JTEC - all NGC or GPEC.

> The NGC (Rev.4) is used in just about all vehicles now (again, with the
> exception of the World Engine vehicles).

   Its about time. :-) I always thought it was kind've strange for
Chrysler to use all sorts of different computers instead of one
(hardware) PCM for all vehicles, with simply varied software changes
for each vehicle. I'm guessing that situation may have developed due
to the incorporation of Jeep and each "division" sort've doing their
own thing... Definitely makes more sense from all sorts of
perspectives to use one computer across the board.

--
                                          -Jon-