RE: Voltage Problems

From: biff byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 18:16:39 EDT

Huh??? Your previous readings make that last reading totally non-sensical.
A fully charged battery should have a cold reading of 12.69 to 12.95 volts.
All tests I have ever done on my various systems indicate that a proper
return to the battery should be in the range of 13.48 to 14.24 volts,
considering the ambient temp and the charge status of the particular
battery.

To me, an 18 volt output, which has been mentioned here in the past, is
indicative of a very weak battery, or a partial open in the return to the
battery. Have you tested the posts against the terminals? 0.02 volt
differential is more than enough. Since the PCM does monitor voltage, and
requires a certain voltage to operate correctly, it should know what it is
talking about. One out of range reading out of six kinda says something to
me. Do you have any indications of a voltage problem? Like varying intensity
of the headlights? Biff Byrum