I win...sorta

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 13:29:46 EDT

Hey, DML!
Finally got the DAKSY runnin again...New Distributor, NAPA Brass cap & Rotor
& a new oil pressure switch are in...
Started right up! Purrs like a kitten!
Still gotta throw a set of 3924s in & my spare K&N filter is drying out,
getting ready for oiling & install...
This week has been a total bummer, from Sunday, when Susan's Blazer wouldn't
start (fuel filter)
The beater going down with a gas line break & then a brake line
break...***sheeeesh***
Hadda ride to work on the Sporty in the rain on Monday Am, cuz that was the
only vehicle drive-worthy...That was rotten...40 degrees & POURING...didn't
dry out til after noon...
Tuesday I took a ride up to get the distributor & oil pressure switchin
Clifton Park..
20 miles each way at 65 -70...
Nice ride...UNTIL...
I get back down near work on Central Ave (BUSY RT.) & wait in the turning
median til I get a break in the Eastbound traffic flow..
I start to turn in to the side street where I park the bike
AND I get FREEKIN T-BONED by a chick driving a MoPar (Neon)!
I saw her comin & had nowhere to go EXCEPT over the handlebars!
Bike linded on her right side & I landed on my FACE side...
Fortunately, my leather gloves & jacket took MOST of the road rash, tho I
did rip my knee open...
1/2 face shield saved my chin from the pavement...
The Sporty didn't fare as well..mirror, break pedal, Hand Brake lever, rear
turn signal & both mufflers got MAJOR abrasions...
Handlebars are tweaked & the windshield is cracked...
Nice dent in the Primary cover on the left side - where she nailed me...
I have NO IDEA how she missed my leg...
Her punk kid boyfriend got in my face about right-of-way...I told him, "Go
sit in the car before I do something stupid...
& We'd let the cops figure it out..."
Ennyhoo, she got a ticket for failure to yield RoW I got a beat up
motorsickle...
I rode er home & she ran fine & nothin fell off...
Now we wait for her insurance to get the damage repaired...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
(Alive & kickin but achin)
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +