Re: I win...sorta

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 23:41:36 EDT

DAKSY wrote:
> I start to turn in to the side street where I park the bike
> AND I get FREEKIN T-BONED by a chick driving a MoPar (Neon)!

GEEZUS!!! Damn, Bob!! I'm really glad you are ok! The bike can be
fixed/replaced. Body parts arn't so easy to deal with. The chicks
boyfriend was pissed at you?? You were making a left turn and she drove
into your left side as you were in the middle of the turn? I woulda
told him to F-off before I wrap the handlebars around his head.

I just clicked 200 miles on the Honda since I bought it... and I have
had a couple scarey moments where I thought I was going to wreck. Bike
started to wobble in a turn on one occasion... and the throttle stuck
wide open on another. Since I started riding I have been on pins and
needes, almost to the point it takes away from the pleasure of riding.

A couple weeks ago a customer came in and was talking with another guy
in the store about a mutual friend they knew. The mutual friend was
killed on his way home FROM A FUNERAL. A car smashed into him on his
cycle. He wasn't wearing a helmet - split his skull. I have been
wearing a half helmet... because my glasses didn't fit with the full
helmets I looked at locally. I'm going to shop around and find a full
helmet that fits. I'd like to keep my jaw where it is. Problem is I like
the half helmet and the open air feeling it gives. Oh well...

Anyway - again I'm very releived you are ok. Since I started riding I
have a new respect for cycles on the road when I'm on 4 wheels. I find
myself even more alert around them, and on the look out for them, than I
ever was before.

The Zen philosopher Smasho once wrote:
"A truck with no dents, is not a 4x4...
and a 4x4 with no dents wasn't at a DML BBQ"
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine