Re: Slotted Brakes Question/Suggestion

From: Traci Pearson (pearsontechcomm@comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 13:44:49 EDT

I really love my Powerslots, though I suggest you
go with the Hawk pads that Powerslot recommends.
I stuck with my Porterfield R4S compound pads and
shoes, and though they've worked out fine, the
bedding-in process was a little hairy.

I have excellent control with the combination and
haven't had a single problem! No warping, no
pulling. I also tow, and I feel very confident
that I have about as much control as possible with the Powerslots.

At 09:14 AM 5/7/2007, ssevrenc@yahoo.com wrote:
>I am researching which way to go for slotted brakes. Looking on the
>TruckPerformance.com site, there are two options: the Baer and the Powerslot
>models.
>
>The comments for the Baer state that since they
>are Zinc coated they do not get
>the surface rust like the Powerslots do. Are any of us experienced with the
>Baer brakes? How do they compare with the
>Powerslot re: durability and warping?
>Just curious is the $60 savings is worth it in the long run. They come with a
>3yr warranty against warping/cracking. Is it too good to be true?
>
>I will be pulling a trailer around 4,000lbs. thus the desire to upgrade the
>brakes soon. Thanks for your most valued input!

Traci Pearson
Pearson Technical Communication
Writing, Editing, Information Design • Print and Online
pearsontechcomm@comcast.net
(303) 410-9101