Old 1989 Dakota needs some help

From: carychip@hotmail.com
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 16:07:13 EDT

I have an old 89 DAK 3.9 V6 2Wheeler and am trying to keep her on the road.
Cant afford a new car and my Dad gave this to build my character he said.

There is a rubber hose hanging loose from top of the
left rear axle. Someone told me its the axle vent hose but what its for or why
its hangin down has me scratchin my head. Its about 18 inchs long and has
a diagonal cut on its open end. Should this be attached to something and if so
what?

She 120k miles on her and I never changed the O2 sensor and am afraid
to try and take it off because its probably rusted on. Engine runs fine.
Should I try and maybe make a mess of the threads or just leave it alone?

One other thing: there is a heater hose I need to replace that has a metal
gizmo
in the middle of it (I think its a temp. sensor and right next to a prestone
flush T). Should I just insert this gizmo and the T into the new hose?

I'm not much of a mechanic but am trying to learn enough to keep my DAK going.
I love this truck like an old dog.