Re: Old 1989 Dakota needs some help

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 21:02:39 EDT

carychip@hotmail.com wrote:

> I have an old 89 DAK 3.9 V6 2Wheeler and am trying to keep her on the road.
> Cant afford a new car and my Dad gave this to build my character he said.
>
> There is a rubber hose hanging loose from top of the
> left rear axle. Someone told me its the axle vent hose but what its for or why
> its hangin down has me scratchin my head. Its about 18 inchs long and has
> a diagonal cut on its open end. Should this be attached to something and if so
> what?
>
> She 120k miles on her and I never changed the O2 sensor and am afraid
> to try and take it off because its probably rusted on. Engine runs fine.
> Should I try and maybe make a mess of the threads or just leave it alone?
>
> One other thing: there is a heater hose I need to replace that has a metal
> gizmo
> in the middle of it (I think its a temp. sensor and right next to a prestone
> flush T). Should I just insert this gizmo and the T into the new hose?
>
> I'm not much of a mechanic but am trying to learn enough to keep my DAK going.
> I love this truck like an old dog.

Ahhh another Premagger!!!

Welcome to the DML :) I've got two 1989 Dakotas of my own. They will
have to pry my cold stiff fingers off the wheel before I part with those
trucks (almost happened heh)

As you wer ealready informed of, the hose in the rear hanging down is
the vent tube. However I was suprised that Wilie said heater control
valve? None of my Dakotas, either 4x4s or my 95, have heater control
valves? I suppose its possible, but I didn't think they had em.

If you need help with the old Premagger - you're at the right place.
There are several DML members including myself with lots of Gen I Dak
hands on time.

The Zen philosopher Smasho once wrote:
"A truck with no dents, is not a 4x4...
and a 4x4 with no dents wasn't at a DML BBQ"
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine