Re: towing

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@nospamplease.uswest.net)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 10:32:42 EDT

On Thu, 10 May 2007 08:47:12 -0400, braindrain4u@yahoo.com
said...

> Question on capacity-I need to tow a 95 plym voyager
> with my 98 dak 5.2 4x4 with a 2 wheel dolley. Went
> online to uhaul and they show the truck as being too
> light. Any thoughts on this or past experiences??
> Thanks AL

I know that anecdotal evidence isn't necessarily doctrine, but
my truck (without the Jet II chip) towed an 8x14 box trailer
loaded to the gills (7k capacity, probably 4500 pounds) from
Denver to PA, no problem. Bed was loaded, too. It was
definitely working HARD, but it performed. I'm not vouching for
the gas mileage while I did that (~ 7mpg), but my drivetrain and
brakes did just fine. The rear suspension was overloaded, but
that won't be a problem for you hauling a dolly.

My guess is that your v-ger weighs in at under 4000 pounds. How
far are you going?

--
Grady Ogburn (Pittsburgh PA Area, AIM: JGradyO)
Black '98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l, 5 Speed, 3.55 LSD