Re: towing

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 19:24:30 EDT

I had no trouble finding and installing a Drawtite Class III hitch on
my '95 2wd Dak. Regularly tow a 2400-2500 camper and also an 8-foot
utility trailer that has, many times, been loaded close to its 3000
lb capacity with sand or stone.

I can't imagine that your '98 would have any problems pulling the
Voyager on a dolly, despite what U-Haul says. I have little faith in
their analysis of towing capacity. The GCVWR on the '95 is over 8000
lbs. and the truck, with a full tank of gas and 200 lb. driver weighs
about 4200 lbs.

John