RE: Overheating '95

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 09:57:54 EDT

<snip>

> Truck is a '95 CC 318 auto loaded up pretty good.
<snip>
> I've had to install a new radiator about
> every 2 - 2.5 years or It will overheat during normal July/August
> days even without the A/C on. Truck now has 165K miles.
> I've changed out every component in the cooling cycle and it has
> not helped other than the radiators. After installing a new one, it
> does not overheat under any conditions for roughly a couple of
> years. Looking into the radiator through the cap opening the cores
> (flues) do not look corroded or clogged. I'm currently going
> through the process of looking to install a new radiator.
> (Slight Overheating already )
> Any and all hints and suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Azie

Have you replaced the radiator cap or had it tested for holding the proper
pressure?

Does your lower radiator hose have a coiled wire inside it? None of the
aftermarket ones I've looked at have this. OEM and factory replacements
do. Without it the hose may collapse at times thereby blocking the flow of
water.

Ray