Re: Here we go...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 16:18:22 EDT

"DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Hey, DML!

> From today's New York Times...

   Bob, whenever I see the New York Times listed as a source, I can't
help but ask myself, "Hmmm, what if that were true?" ;-) nevertheless,
it was an interesting article. Thanks! The bit about having to
absorb $20 billion in pension and health care liabilities is a bit
ironic, since that is exactly the amount of liquid assets Chrysler had
stashed away to compensate for the lean times they knew were coming.
(Daimler raided those assets right after the takeover.)

   If nothing else, it should be interesting to see what happens next.
Lets hope that Daimler ends up being Chrysler's AMF and the best days
are yet to come...

--
                                          -Jon-