Re: Torsion Bar "Key Lift"

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 11:11:07 EDT

TT wrote:

> 31's eh? Same size I have... I guess I could run 33's with no problems
> then because I do have a 3 inch body lift...

Well, I said I could *maybe* squeeze 33s in. Actually what I was
getting at was that if I could run bigger tires with a body lift, it
wouldn't be much bigger... But, seeing that you have the lift and are
running 31s, my "maybe" looks more like a no. So we're back to the
body lift being a mostly just-for-looks thing. I suppose it will
improve your approach/exit angles ever so slightly (assuming you lift
your bumpers with the body... some people dont) and it'll get your
rockers and floors farther from rocks and water. I do like the look...
so I'll do it some day.

> I won't bother doing a suspension lift on anything IFS - wasted effort
> if you ask me.

If I had never seen Walt's truck, I would agree with you :) Then
again, that took some serious effort. If I ever consider a suspension
lift, I'll weigh in the solid axle option.

> >> These sizes are all for a Gen III, adjust accordingly for the
> >> "lesser" years ;-)
>
> Heh I don't even give his comment any thought - his is a nice truck, but
> alas its a 98 - not an 89. We can ignore the comments of those who do
> not own a True Dakota(TM) hehe :-D

True true. I guess I won't hold it against him.

> The Zen philosopher Smasho once wrote:
> "A truck with no dents, is not a 4x4...
> and a 4x4 with no dents wasn't at a DML BBQ"

Words of wisdom.

Don in CT
89 Dakota Converible 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340