Re: Steering Box questions 98 - 99

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 23:41:59 EDT

On Apr 25, 2007, at 10:47, Hop * wrote:

> Thanks, I'll try that.
> I noticed there was a tag on it that said do not adjust this screw.
> Our units are pre set from the factory. Might just have to ignore
> their warning. lol
> I thought that screw was the backlash adjustment. I'm not sure how the
> steering boxs works. On the up side it's suppose to have a lifetime
> warranty.
> I just don't wanna take it out again.
> --Hop

I've been meaning to reply to this for a while. That screw *is* a
backlash adjustment.

Having rebuilt mine, the box itself is pretty simple but I have no
idea how the assist part of things work.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |