My Dakota Status

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 23:56:30 EDT

Just thought I'd give a quick update on my truck.

It's been without reverse and mostly parked (with the exception of
the day the problem was discovered and the Rochester St. Patrick's
day parade) since December 20th or so.

I bought Chad Evans' spare transmission, and it arrived yesterday. I
got it home from work, transfered it from the Jetta's back seat
(yeah....) into the Dakota's bed. I'll be taking the truck to work
on Friday and from there heading to a garage where I'll be:

pulling both driveshafts
pulling the transfer case
dropping my front suspension links
dropping my cossmember
pulling the transmission
removing the tail housing and output shaft from both transmissions
putting my second TransGo kit into Chad's transmission
putting the 4x4 output shaft & housing onto the new transmission
and putting it all back together.

Next week I'll have new wheel bearings and kingpin rebuild kits for
my front axle, and hopefully get mounts for my hydro assist welded
on, for which I've had almost all the parts sitting around for nearly
a year.... I just need to make a bigger power steering res.

It'll be nice to have the Dak back on the road, and get a major and
needed upgrade taken care of.

Just thought I'd share my weekend plans.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |