Re: Coolant temp sensors?

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 11:14:12 EDT

I have a follow-up on this 6-month-old post. My accessory belt is
fraying, so I finally got my butt down to autozone for a
replacement... and while there, I asked to physically see anything
that comes up when they search "temperature sensor" OR "temperature
switch." Sure enough, two different items come up.

Jon was correct.
- Temperature switch brings up the 1-wire sensor for the gauge. On the
1st gen mag 318, this is the sensor that screws into the front pass
side of the intake manifold. It's the fatter looking sensor.
- Temperature sensor brings up the 2-wire sensor for the PCM. On the
mag 318, it's the sensor that screws into the front center of the
intake manifold. It's slightly longer and slimmer.

It's nice to have a working temp gauge again.

Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340
pbase.com/radon220/mopars