Re: towing

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 23:00:21 EDT

I've towed a sailboat back from California to Central IL. The boat and the
trailer weighed just at 5000 lbs. I know this because we had to stop at a
weigh station in New Mexico.

I've got a V6 and sorely wished I had a V8, but other than the steepest
inclines (talking over 6% here), the truck handled well. Electric brakes
also saved us many a times.

Your V8 should be able tow it just fine if you have a Class 3 or higher
hitch. If you don't have electric trailer brakes (or wiring harness to
trigger the van's brakes), then just account for the extra stopping
distance.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
"It's not the meat, it's how you apply the rub"