Re: Leaf spring removal

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 00:30:15 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
> On May 21, 2007, at 11:21, twiegandt@comcast.net wrote:
[...]
>> It simply will not budge. Any suggestions?
>>

> PB Blaster and a BFH?

> Good luck....

> I had to cut the hangers to get my springs out. That isn't such a
> great option when you want to use the stock hangers though =)

   Yeah, leaf spring bolts are somewhat notorious for being a bear to
remove. When I did a 4" suspension lift on my '92 Ram, I ended up
cutting the bolts out with a sawzall. About the time I was doing
that, I read about a similar install on a Ramcharger in a 4x4 magazine
where they were unable to remove the springs themselves, so they took
it to a shop which cut them out, and then when attempting to
remove the bolts from the spring eyes, they stalled a 25 ton press.

--
                                          -Jon-