Re: RE: 1992 magnum cracked heads

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 15:32:05 EDT

There are no heavy duty replacements for the OEM heads - even the remans
are OEM cores. The Mopar Performance R/T heads (not to be confused with
the heads on an actual R/T - which are the same as on a 5.2L) are much
better. Any reputable machine shop can weld the heads (stitch them as
it's sometimes called) and it will hold very well. I've been running on
a set of highly modified (factory cast) V6 heads for many
years...they've been welded without issues. Several customers at the
dealership have also opted for welding since replacements aren't cheap -
no problems at all.

- Bernd