Re: 1992 magnum cracked heads

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 22:47:38 EDT

list:

Well i had hoped to nurse the truck along before tearing into it, but it is
not to be...

A shrieking "truck won't start" awoke me at 7:30 this morning....

followed by "i need a ride to school"....

so i fire up big red and hauled the teacher to work....

my machinist had said the end cylinders of the heads are the most
common to crack....#2 spark plug was wet (coolant not oil)...

turned it over with the plug out...nice spray of water...

a set of Hughes' heads are on the way.....

an interesting article about cracked heads

http://www.automotiverebuilder.com/ar/eb100552.htm

i want to thank everyone that posted on and off the list about my dak's
problem

rob/ferts/phx