Re: New NGK Plugs Installed

From: Jon Smith (dml@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 22:58:35 EDT

122k :-O !!!!!

Our 02 KJ w/ 3.7 was pushing the gaps to 0.065" after 30k miles.
Typical wear from what I see on the 3.7/4.7. Like Bernd said, 45thou
is nothin to worry about. I had logged approx. 1-2mpg difference in
plug refreshing though, so for the whopping $12 in spark plugs, I
wouldn't bat an eye over changing them ~ every 6mo. (of course Melissa
is logging about 39k/yr).

Good thing you greased the coils Kyle, I've cracked more than a few
coils coming out of 4.7s w/ 50-60k on them. Seems like it doesn't take
a whole lot to split the case..... but perhaps it's that 4ft prybar I'm
using to persuade the coilpacks out of their holes???? =)

-Jon Smith