Re: Squeaky bushings -- anyone make urethane??

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 10:30:13 EDT

"Miles D. Oliver" <moliver@mmoliver.org> wrote:
> I'm sick of the constant squeak in the front of my quad cab. I've
> quieted it down some with White lithium grease but it soon returns.

> Anybody know of a urethane replacement that I can add/grease and be done
> with it?

   If you're looking to eliminate squeaks, you may want to go with a
rubber bushing as opposed to polyurethane. The basic consensus seems
to be that polyurethane is better for performance, but noisy while
rubber isn't as stiff but won't squeak on you either (until it wears
out.) I'd hate to see you spend money on polyurethane bushings and
have the same squeak (or worse) as before and then be told that's
normal for polyurethane.

--
                                          -Jon-