A/C issues, compressor works, 45PSI but little cold air

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 18:40:06 EDT

  Any A/C literate people out there? The Wife's durango's A/C takes a very
long time to cool and doesn't blow very cold air in her 2003 w/125,000
miles.

  My probably worthless little gauge that I have with my can of freon says
it has 45PSI in the system and I put a small can of stop leak and freon in
and it hasn't gotten any colder. I can't see any leakage at all and the
pressure seems to be holding.

  I see the compressor at idle engage and spin for a few seconds and then
cut back out.

  Guess it's time to do some internet searches...

Any thoughts.

--
  Miles D. Oliver