RE: A/C issues, compressor works, 45PSI but little cold air

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 19:13:03 EDT

Sounds to me like it's low on freon. You have a leak somewhere. My guess
would be the evap or condensor. If you rev the motor and the clutch kicks
out it's prolly from the low pressure switch shuttin it down. Try toping it
off in the mean time.
--Hop

>From: "Miles D. Oliver" <moliver@mmoliver.org>
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: DML: A/C issues, compressor works, 45PSI but little cold air
>Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:40:06 -0400 (EDT)
>

> Any A/C literate people out there? The Wife's durango's A/C takes a very
>long time to cool and doesn't blow very cold air in her 2003 w/125,000
>miles.
>
> My probably worthless little gauge that I have with my can of freon says
>it has 45PSI in the system and I put a small can of stop leak and freon in
>and it hasn't gotten any colder. I can't see any leakage at all and the
>pressure seems to be holding.
>
> I see the compressor at idle engage and spin for a few seconds and then
>cut back out.
>
> Guess it's time to do some internet searches...
>
>Any thoughts.
>

>--
> Miles D. Oliver

Don’t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft
Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0540003042mrt/direct/01/