Re: I've finally got some good news...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 23:25:55 EDT

On Jun 1, 2007, at 8:38, Mr. Plow wrote:

> I do remember the last time i had an "issue" Mike did a pretty
> decent job of fixin 'er up though!

I think I was plugging a tire on the baja car at the same time? I
still really want to build one of those with just a wee bit more size
and power :-)

All in a day's work after *asking* me to take a sawzall to your Jeep
the first meet I met you at though! :-)

I've got the front of my truck torn down completely right now. Doing
all new outer bearings and seals and kingpins and bushings.... I had
dreams of getting hydro assist up before the trip too but I'll be
lucky if I get to drive the truck to the meet at this point. I have
just Sunday to work on it - a good friend is getting married over in
Saratoga tomorrow and thus eating all of my Saturday, and then just
like I was in Reno for work all last week, I'm out west again all
this week in St. George, UT. Pretty places but all I want to do is
have a couple evenings to put my truck together!!

So if I get the knuckles back on and the steering hooked back up on
Sunday, you'll see me in the Dakota next Friday, showing up with
parts in hand to put on a brand new (today) power steering pump and
hopefully weld on mounts for the hydro assist ram that I bought on my
way to Colorado. I still haven't quite got the design in my head for
the mounts, but I should have plenty of steel and all the rest of the
parts I need.

Otherwise, who wants to help assemble a 3" turboback straight pipe on
my diesel Jetta??? :-)

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |