Re: Squeaky bushings -- anyone make urethane??

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 00:35:04 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Took me about 6 hours total with complete R&R of all control arm
> bushings, balljoints, wheel hubs, front brakes, and aligning it after I
> was done. You can count on about 8 hours + alignment with a shop.

So here's a dumb question...

Is this something that I (someone of moderate mechanical abilities) can
do myself (sans alignment), given a weekend or two of time and patience?

Any special tools required?

Given that my Dak is no longer the daily driver, I don't really care if
it is out of commission in the garage for a weekend or two.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <bill@pitz.net>
Penngrove, CA

2006 Acura TSX 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 4.7L 2007 Honda TRX420FE