RE: Getting Hot

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 01:54:28 EDT

It wouldn't hurt to have the system pressure checked, including the radiator
cap. The next cheapest thing would be the thermostat. You could test it
with a thermometer but if you take it out you might as well replace it for
no more than one costs. You might also check to be sure there's no debris
blocking the radiator. A good radiator shop could also test if there's any
blockage but I'd save that until after the thermostat change. If the water
pump isn't leaking or making noise then that's probably not the issue.

Ray