Re: I made it!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 16:38:14 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
> On Fri, June 15, 2007 2:35 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
>> If I have a large trailer facing the
>> "wrong" way, sometimes I'll just take it down to the airstrip and pull
>> a U-turn there and come back out.

> Ever have any problem with the side angle going around the corner of the barn?
> I had thought about that idea. Our RV is kind of top heavy, I'm not sure if
> it would go around there or not.

    No, I know what you mean, but I haven't had a problem with the
slope there. Its pretty minor, and you can minimize it even more by
staying to the left. I've gone blasting through there many a time
with my enclosed trailer in tow.

>> Is it just me,
>> or did it seem to go by REALLY quickly this year???

> I didn't think it was that quick, although there have been years where we've
> only been able to make a day trip for Saturday. It did feel pretty small,
> though. Almost more like a Daktoberfest. Maybe it was the absence of the
> Jeep club.

   Could be. The one thing I thought of was the relative lack of
trail riding as opposed to sitting around. Not that I didn't mind
just sitting back and relaxing, but I would have thought sitting
around would make it seem to drag on further. Maybe my mind is only
"registering" the amount of time we spent on the trails, and thats why
it seems so short. I guess part of the problem was the weather on
Friday - once that storm blew in, the rest of the day was basically a
write-off.

    We didn't do any of the usual sitting around inside afterwards and
watching the day's video. Seems like we had always done that in the
past, I guess we sat around the campfire instead. Probably the reason
for that is the lack of time spent on the trail and thus the lack of
video to review. :-) I think Andy was the only one who took any
video footage, with the exception of yourself on your digital camera.

--
                                          -Jon-