Re: I made it!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 17:15:16 EDT

On Jun 15, 2007, at 14:35, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Is it just me,
> or did it seem to go by REALLY quickly this year???

very quickly, but many of the usual suspects (like me) who usually
are there for a few days made it for only one, and we also had a week-
long stint last year....

I replaced my sector shaft seal after I got home Sunday and it was
great all week, until I got to my offrading excursion when it blew in
the parking lot and would not hold fluid at all. I wheeled with
manual steering most of Friday. Last night I replaced the output
seal, as well as my PS pump (had a spare, and fried the seal running
it dry at road speeds on my parts run), and the sector shaft seal
leaked like a sieve instantly. i also discovered a crack in my frame
yesterday, above the pass side rear axle.

Not such a good weekend. I drove home this morning :-(

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |