Re: I made it!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 21:33:30 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> I replaced my sector shaft seal after I got home Sunday and it was
> great all week, until I got to my offrading excursion when it blew in
> the parking lot and would not hold fluid at all.

Doh!! Three Words "power ram steering"

> I wheeled with manual
> steering most of Friday. Last night I replaced the output seal, as
> well as my PS pump (had a spare, and fried the seal running it dry at
> road speeds on my parts run), and the sector shaft seal leaked like a
> sieve instantly.

> i also discovered a crack in my frame yesterday,
> above the pass side rear axle.

That sucks ass man... damn those non-hydroformed half box-half welded
C-channel frames anyway!

The Zen philosopher Smasho once wrote:
"A truck with no dents, is not a 4x4...
and a 4x4 with no dents wasn't at a DML BBQ"
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine