Where can I find FED safety information?

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 08:36:33 EDT

    Can anyone point me to fed websites that discuss safety issues?

    I've been trying to get my wife to turn off her headlights when she
drives in daylight. She claims it's * SO MUCH SAFER * if she drives with
them on. All it does as far as I am concerned is cause premature bulb
failure and my point is, I drive as much as she does in my '02 QC and I
have NOT replaced any headlight bulbs at all and we're on our 4th one in
her '03 Durango. Stupid waste of $$.

  If it * IS * safer then why did GM start adding this to their vehicles
and then STOP ??

   Any way I can wire in a light sensor into the circuit to stop the lights
from coming on during the day even if she does turn them on? She'll never
know.

   I know we're dealing with the age old husband/wife bickering but if I
can't break her of her 2pack a day and 3 Starbucks coffee ( cigs at $4 a
pack and the damn coffe at $2-3 a pop, you do the math...) fit. I have to
at least find a way to save a buck somewhere...

   She bitches about not ever taking a vacation, or wondering if we'll have
enough for retirement.

I guess spending $15 a day for her bad habits would pay for how how many
days in Cancun or having to work? I quit smoking 2 years ago, I drink
the coffee at the office and turn my headlights on ONLY when they're needed.

Seems the older I get the tigher my fist on the dollar becomes.

--
  Miles D. Oliver