Re: Where can I find FED safety information?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 13:36:42 EDT

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> It seems most everything these days is being dumbed down to the lowest
> common denominator so that responsibility is shifted to the manufacturer (or
> someone...anyone) rather than the consumer. Unfortunately we all have to
> pay for it, one way or another. I could go on.

> In a nutshell Jon, I agree with your position 100%!

   Thanks, Ray. :-) Your corollary to bumpers is a good one; it
seems things like this are happening all the time, not just with
vehicles but in all aspects of life. I guess its partly a "one size
fits all" mentality as well as "feel good" measures in general where
people do things just to "do" something; wether what they are doing is
actually beneficial, detrimental, or creating unintended consequences,
they don't seem to care, as long as they do *something* - "its the
thought that counts", and these same folks expect to be judged on
intentions rather than actual results.

   Your point about dumbing things down to the lowest common
denominator is an excellent way to put it, and that is an aspect I had
not considered. It ties right in with the continuing degredation of
personal responsibility and the movement to lower standards; to
penalize achievement rather than to elevate the subpar.

   Ah, good stuff - where else but on the DML could a piece of vehicle
equipment as innocent as a headlamp be used to indict society in
general? :-)

--
                                          -Jon-