Re: When to change tranny fluid,or forget it.

From: ctandc (ctandc@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 22:45:57 EDT

The problem with adding synthetic on a high mile engine that has only had
dino oil and / or non frequent oil changes it pretty simple...

The gaskets start to seep. The oil tends to 'gunk' up and fill those seaps
and leaks over time. Add synthetic (or regular oil changes) and it will
clean those clogs out resulting in 'making it leak'.