Re: RE: Headers/TBI

From: Tom Byrne (kerib@ptd.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 11:08:27 EDT

Headers/exhaust manifolds for magnums won't bolt up to LA heads. Same with
intake manifolds. My Shelby pulls through 5000 rpm with the stock manifolds
and intake. It has true dual exhaust as well. It will run in the high 15's
if I can ever launch it properly (16.0 to 16.10 with my sloppy launch). I
want to help mid range breathing. The choke pints on these trucks were the
TB (TBI injection) and the exhaust. Hooker used to make a set (maybe they
still do), but the cost is well over $300 and would still need some
fabrication. Shelby used to sell a high-performance kit with a 360 TB, but
those are long gone. I can easily get a 4bbl intake, but adapting the TB is
a problem. I have ample hood clearance.