Headers TBI

From: russell toalson (rtoalson@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 09:40:28 EDT

On my Shelby Dakota #231 I used the exhaust manifolds from my Dakota R/T and
discarded the air injection pump and plugged the ports in the heads. This
made a nice upgrade in performance while maintaining a semi-stock look. No
header maker I contacted ( Hooker, Thorley, etc...) would say for sure if
the later model designed headers would fit on the earlier Shelby model. Not
wanting to spend hundreds of dollars on a "maybe it'll work deal". I took
the route I KNEW would work. Good luck on finding a intake to work as
well. What I finally did was simply have the stocker port matched to the
heads. Extrude Hone is supposed to work well for exhaust manifold, intakes
and the like but is a fairly expensive process. On the plus side though
everything remains stock looking while improving performance. Let us know
how it goes.