Dakota Paint codes

From: Tom Tweney (tomt@cogeco.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 13:14:02 EDT

I have a 1989 Dakota which I just bought, with a rather minty body, which is rare in my
area being one of the winter, salted road capitals of Canada. It has the V6 motor and is
a plain jane model.
The colour is red and when I look in my large Dakota factory service manual, which I
picked up on Ebay, it doesn't show red at all in the paint code section of the book, or
the red maroon colour interior, which mine is. My local body shop man tells me it is the
original factory paint which is wearing off in areas showing white underneath, which he
says is the factory primer.
My question is I am trying to find the paint code for this red colour. Thanks