RE: Royal Purple motor oil

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 18:03:04 EDT

Subject: DML: RE: Royal Purple motor oil

i'll be honest, i've tried using different types of synthetic motor oils in
my truck, to see if any of them make a difference, and my conclusion is that
the only difference is that using some oils will leave you with a slightly
lighter wallet than others. i recommend synthetic oil over conventional
oil, but once you make the switch, there won't be much of an appreciable
difference. i usually stick to either Mobil 1, Redline (when it's in stock)
or Castrol Syntec (my new car uses Syntec, and is swapped once every 15k
miles!).

List

There has been some discussion about mobile one having been reformulated and having
less scuff protection in the past.

Probably not important in a roller cam car but people have reported flat tappet
cam damage on newly rebuilt engines..

Hardly a ringing endorsement for a synthetic oil.

I don't know if Royal Purple still has the good stuff or not.

just my 2 cents

rob/ferts/phx