Re: Re: RE: EGR

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2007 - 23:29:38 EDT

Tom Byrne wrote:

> All the instructions note is where the EGR attaches. I don't need it for
> emissions, but I don't want a check engine light problem.

You wont get a check engine light as long as the vacuum lines are
blocked off and your EGR port is plugged. I havn't had an EGR on
Christine for a long time, the electrical connectors to the EGR and EVAP
solenoids (3 of them, passenger side of the throttle body) are still
plugged in, I'm pretty sure if you unplug those, you will get a check
engine light... but just removing the valve itself won't throw a code.

The Zen philosopher Smasho once wrote:
"A truck with no dents, is not a 4x4...
and a 4x4 with no dents wasn't at a DML BBQ"
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine