Shelby

From: Tom Byrne (kerib@ptd.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2007 - 19:54:32 EDT

The simple header and intake manifold bolt-ons are not so simple. The stock
exhaust manifolds actually have EGR ports. So for the Magnum headers we made
an adapter to use the EGR port on one side and are welding in a port on the
other. We got the EGR to work with the intake manifold by using an older
style EGR valve. The problem now with the headers is that they block the air
injection ports on the head. I think I have no alternative than to block
them off and disconnect my air pump. I didn't want to disable anything. I
would undo things, but we snapped the exhaust manifold studs anyway. Nothing
is simple.

Tom Byrne

1984 Charger 2.2 FSP
1989 Shelby Dakota #233