Re: Chrinstine Develpments

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 18:58:49 EDT

On Sun, August 5, 2007 11:11 am, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Barry Oliver wrote:
>
> <snip alot of incoherent mumbo jumbo>
>
> Feh! I'll snip your mumbo jumbo!!
>

>> Ok. I am not much of a mechanic, and I didn't stay in a Holiday inn
>> express last night. That said, simple logic and a couple of google
>> searches tells me that the more you can get to match, the better.
>> Starting with the motor, the more parts that you can plug into Christine
>> that match that motor, the happier you will be. I am talking computer,
>> intake, FI, everything, maybe even Dash if you can figure how. I
>> suspect it will be easier to re-plumb a new fuel pump and lines than try
>> to re-wire a pcm. As far as the RPM, maybe some type of cheater could
>> be wired in to cut the rpm signal [a small cap or resistor] down to a
>> managable level.
>>

> Well you are on to something here... like I said. I have the 1995 Dak
> parts truck that I can do a total swap over to Christine. The whole
> reason I went the way I did was because it was supposed to be easier....
> in theory. heh... oh well...

I'm with Barry here, I think it'd be easier to swap the 95 electronics into
the truck and go from there. It's definitely easier when everything matches.

Why did you decide to strip the 95 anyway?

> However I've been all over the net looking at Cummins 4BT 3.9L engines
> and the more I look at them the more I want one. It would be SO much
> easier to deal with. Stock the engine puts out as much as 130HP and 237
> TQ at 2500 RPM. And I've been reading that its pretty easy to push
> these engines up close to 300 HP with mods. One dude is shooting to hit
> 400 HP... but thats the extreme end, engine would not be good for daily
> driver. I would not go that far.

What for? Pick a project dude. Once you've zeroed in on what you want to do
with Christine, just go for it and see what happens. You already have all
the parts to finish the 318 swap, why not just finish it out and go from
there. If you change directions at this stage it'll be starting from scratch
again.

Just my $.02, worth what you paid.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.