Re: Chrinstine Develpments

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 12:11:42 EDT

Barry Oliver wrote:

<snip alot of incoherent mumbo jumbo>

Feh! I'll snip your mumbo jumbo!!

> Ok. I am not much of a mechanic, and I didn't stay in a Holiday inn
> express last night. That said, simple logic and a couple of google
> searches tells me that the more you can get to match, the better.
> Starting with the motor, the more parts that you can plug into Christine
> that match that motor, the happier you will be. I am talking computer,
> intake, FI, everything, maybe even Dash if you can figure how. I
> suspect it will be easier to re-plumb a new fuel pump and lines than try
> to re-wire a pcm. As far as the RPM, maybe some type of cheater could
> be wired in to cut the rpm signal [a small cap or resistor] down to a
> managable level.

Well you are on to something here... like I said. I have the 1995 Dak
parts truck that I can do a total swap over to Christine. The whole
reason I went the way I did was because it was supposed to be easier....
in theory. heh... oh well...

The problem isnt the engine block at all. The mechanical aspect of this
is working perfect. The engine bolted right in, tranny bolted right up,
engine is mechanically good and the transmission is fine. Its the
engine fuel/management/ignition set up thats throwing me for a loop.

However I've been all over the net looking at Cummins 4BT 3.9L engines
and the more I look at them the more I want one. It would be SO much
easier to deal with. Stock the engine puts out as much as 130HP and 237
TQ at 2500 RPM. And I've been reading that its pretty easy to push
these engines up close to 300 HP with mods. One dude is shooting to hit
400 HP... but thats the extreme end, engine would not be good for daily
driver. I would not go that far.

I might just have a 318 powertrain for sale here soon :)

That would take care of your future 318 needs Barry hehe.

"Are you employed Mr. Lebowski?"
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine