Re: Ram still driving me insane...

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 20:24:55 EDT

Tom,I know how you feel,buddy! As I read your post,I
literally shook with emotion. And then the tears came.
Lord knows I didn't want it to happen! But I think I
was actually smacked in the face by the human
experience itself,and I reeled under the full weight
of it. The common struggle,the shared pain of a friend
who has himself dealt with intermittent hesitation and
erratic performance. I believe it was Thomas Jefferson
who said,and I quote: "We must all stick together,or
we'll all hang out separately!" End quote. What did he
mean and how does that apply to Daks? And is that even
an accurate quote? Well,that's hard to say exactly.
But I do know this! We must fix our trucks! Ourselfs!

I have had similar problems with two 3.9 Daks. One is
a former truck of mine,the other is my current work
truck. My own Dak is equipped with the venerable 4.7!

I've been too busy for a couple weeks to delve back
into the work truck again,but I bought new plug wires
for it the other day. Part of my problem is I haven't
learned enough about the diagnostic programs that work
with my scan tool to do everything yet. Looks like
next week I'll have more time. If I don't fix it
soon,I'm going to end up with a bad cat,or
transmission,or the thing mounted ahead of the
transmission that the hot pipes come out of. :)

Steve P.

http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/